- Ensure that there are adequate strategic food reserves which are prudently managed.
- Continue to support agriculture by making financing and related services available to farmers. A DP government will inject extra resources to the Agricultural Finance Corporation (AFC) and the Kenya Tea Development Authority (KTDA) that will give them
- Strengthen farmers’ organisations. DP will support the professionalization and sustainability of cooperative societies such as the Kenya Planters Cooperative Union (KPCU) and New KCC to enable small scale farmers to sell their produce.
- Guarantee access to affordable seeds and fertilizer to farmers to improve productivity per hectare especially for subsistence farmers.
- Support crop and animal husbandry by ensuring that there are enough agricultural and veterinary officers to provide extension services to farmers in the rural areas.
- Provide water within the reach of farmers. A DP government will build dams/water reservoirs and encourage rainwater harvesting for domestic use in rural households and for irrigation of arid land.